Resources on Robust Control
Includes LQG and H-inf control.
ACTC Case Study Reports
- Rolls Royce: Control of a Gas Turbine Engine (CS01/1992) Comparison between classical, LQG and H-inf control for a Pegasus Gas Turbine Engine.
- British Aerospace: Pitch Control of a Generic Canard Delta Aircraft (CS03/1992) Study of application of LQG control which gave better stability, easier controller design.
- British Steel: Gauge Control for Cold Rolling (CS05/1993) Application of LQG control.
- Marine SIG: Design of Robust Ship Positioning Systems and Advantages of Feedforward/Feedback Control (CS07/1995) Looks at use of H-inf coupled with feedforward control to compensate for wind/wave disturbances.
- British Aerospace: Classical versus Modern Control Design Methods for Safety Critical Control Engineering Practice (CS08/1995) Comparison of Classical and Robust (LQG, H-inf) control for safety critical systems, including a pumped water supply system and flight control system.
- British Steel: Multivariable Decoupling Control of Collector Main Pressure on Coke Ovens (CS09/1995) Multivariable pressure control using decoupled PI and H-inf.
Robust Control Articles
- Stability and Performance Analysis in an Uncertain World, Nusret Tan and Derek Atherton, IEE Computing & Control Journal, April 2000 A nice introduction to new methods of analysing systems with uncertainty. They also describe a Matlab toolbox which was developed for this work.
Links to OtherResources
- PARADISE (PArametric Robustness Analysis and Design Interactive Software Environment) An efficient and flexible MATLAB-based Toolbox for analysis and design of parametric robust control systems. PARADISE combines numerical as well as symbolic computation and requires the Extended Symbolic Toolbox for MATLAB. Plant and controller structure can be easily specified with MATLAB Simulink.