Resources on Automotive Control Applications
- Real-Time Predictive Control for SI Engines Using Linear Parameter-Varying Models,
P. Majecki, G. van der Molen, I. Haskara, Y. Hu, C.F. Chan and M. J. Grimble, 5th IFAC Conference,
2015, Seville, Spain, pp.94-101
- Estimation of Selective Catalyst Reduction System Parameters using Modified Gauss-Newton Method,
X. Guan, M. J. Grimble, A. Clegg, F He and M. Sun American Control Conference,
2014, Portland, USA
- Model-Based Engine Fault Detection and Isolation, American Control Conference,
2009, St Louis, USA, pp.4593-4600
A. Dutka, H. Javaherian and M. J. Grimble
- Supervisory Multiple-Model Approach to Multivariable Lambda and Torque Control of SI Engines,Simulation and Modeling,
P. Majecki, H. Javaherian and M. J. Grimble
- Model-Based Nonlinear Multivariable Engine Control,
A. Dutka, H. Javaherian and M. J. Grimble,
American Control Conference, 2007, New York, NY, USA, pp. 3671-3677
- State-Dependent Kalman Filters for Robust Engine Control,
A. Dutka, H. Javaherian and M. J. Grimble, American Control Conference,
2006, Minneapolis, Minnesota USA, pp.1185-1190
- Survey of Advanced Suspension Developments and Related Optimal Control
Applications, D.Hrovat, Automatica, Vol.33, No.10, pp.1781-1817, 1997.
A comprehensive survey paper covering work on the active suspension problem,
covering simple quarter-car, half-car and full-car models. The application of
optimal control to these are systems are covered, as are related subjects such
as, semi-active suspension and the use of robust, adaptive and non-linear
- Using Simulink and Stateflow in Automotive Applications,
Mathworks Technical Note
Describes Simulink models for an engine, anti-lock brake system, clutch system,
suspension system and hydraulic system. Enhancements to these models using Stateflow
are also presented, giving Fault-tolerant Fuel Control System, Automatic Transmission
Control, Electrohydraulic Servo Control and Modeling Stick-Slip Friction.
- On-line PID Tuning for Engine idle-speed control using continuous action
reinforcement learning automata, M.Howel and M.Best, Journal of Control
Engineering Practice, Vol 8, 2000.
On-line tuningof PID gains to minimise
a performance objective first applied to simulation model and then a practical
study using a Ford Zetec engine test cell.
- An Electronic Controller for Adaptive Suspension, M.Kellet,
Description of development of the active suspension for a
Rolls Royce Silver Seraph.