Resources on Pulp and Paper Industry Applications
Covers paper and pulp industries.
- Intelligent Control for Paper Machine Moisture Control, T.Murphy, S.Yurkovich, S-Chin Chen, IEEE Conf on Control Applications, 1996. Presents an Internal Model Control strategy that copes with process nonlinearities through a Fuzzy Supervisor. The control implemented on an actual paper machine and improvements shown.
- Control of Paper Machine Headbox with Saturating Inputs, Jonas Ohr.
- Advanced Process Modelling and Control in Paper Making, Dr Hong-Wang. Measurement and Control, Vol 32, Oct 1999. This special feature contains four practical papers covering on-line wet-end analysers, optical density measurement, de-watering measurement and non-linear optimal control of wet-end paper formation.
Links to Other Resources
- Project on the modelling and control of Wet End Chemistry in Paper Manufacturing Plants from Newcastle University (http://www.ncl.ac.uk/cpact/paper.html)
- http://www.pulpandpaper.net/ on-line information for the Pulp and Paper Industry
- Power Spectrum Solves A Paper Mill Problem. Presents the investigation of a 16 min undesirable cycle in newsprint machine.
- PID Tuning and Process Optimization Increased Performance and Efficiency of a Paper Machine. A good qualitative discussion giving the economics of control system improvements.