Resources on Energy and Power Systems
Covering control issues for all areas of power generation and distribution systems, including fossil fuel fired, nuclear power generation, CHP and combined cycle systems.
- Advanced Control in Co-generation Utility Management, S.Goodhart, J.Nishizawa, K.Yano and H.Yada, IEE Computing & Control Journal, Dec 2000. A description of the application of DMCplus to optimise operating costs of a steam and electrical co-generation plant at a large Mitsubishi Chemical plant in Japan.
- Intelligent Systems Applications for Power System Control and Management, J.McDonald, S.McArthur and G.Burt, IEE Computing & Control Journal, April 2001. Described intelligent systems for alarm processing (APEX), fault diagnosis (RESPONDD), system restoration (RASP) as well as higher level power systems, including protection analysis.
- Applications of Modern Methods in Power Plant Simulation and Control, M.Donne, A.Pike and R.Savry, IEE Computing & Control Journal, April 2001. Presents use of simulation methods for a CHP plant dynamic modelling, including use of the model for scenario investigation and controller tuning.
- Remote Monitoring and Control of Advanced Gas Turbines, N.Corbett, IEE Computing & Control Journal, April 2001. Describes the use of rule based diagnostics for the remote condition monitoring of RB211 Gas Turbines.
- Exploitation of Advanced Control Techniques in Power Generation, G.Oluwande, IEE Computing & Control Journal, April 2001. Covers the use of advanced control for combustion optimisation, alarm handling and steam temperature and pressure control using Model Based Predictive Control (MBPC).
- IT Solutions for Power Plant Management in Competitive Markets, G.Laustere, IEE Computing & Control Journal, April 2001. Looks at the new generation of plant management systems and what benefits they can bring about.
Links to Steam Table Related Resources
- Steam Tables for SIMULINK
written by Miguel Cecenas(firstname.lastname@example.org).
Steam properties ( includes pressure and temperature tables for saturation
temperature/pressure, enthalpy, entropy and specific volume) programmed
as a C S-function for use in Matlab/Simulink (DOS, Windows and Sun versions
available). These are available free of charge with no restrictions upon
their use. Upgraded versions for Simulink V3 will be made available soon.
Copies of the Dos and Windows (for Matlab/Simulink) files are available locally on this WWW server.
- Downloadable steam tables for windows (as DLL) and DOS, using the 1967 ASME steam tables for steam/water properties (http://www.winsim.com/steam/steam.html)
- web-page based Saturated Steam Table calculator by Michael J. Rocchetti (http://www.aes.uconn.edu/tools/steam.htm)
- Java based applet for steam tables (http://eng.sdsu.edu/testcenter/javaapplets/h2o/index.html)
- Thermophysical Properties for MATLAB (http://www.khace.com/products/watsteam)
Links to Energy and Power Systems Related Resources
- http://www.boilercontrol.com/. a free Internet resource for process and boiler control related information.
- http://www.boilerroom.com/ An On-Line Community of Manufacturers, Engineers and Operators of Commercial and Industrial Steam Boilers. Includes on-line discussion forums, databases for equipment, sales and careers.
Project Funding Links
- Energie (http://www.dti.gov.uk/ent/energi). Non-nuclear energy programme within the EU's fifth FrameworkProgramme.
Energy and Power Systems
- Links to Steam Table Related Resources
- Links to Energy and Power Systems Related Resources
- Project Funding Links
Have a link to add to this page?
Email us here.
Need to know what a control term means?
Use our comprehensive Control Engineering Glossary here.